Our idea started with a quite wide concept. We wanted to make a kit that makes it easy for common people to take advantage of the RFID technology, and to customize it into their own specific needs. Our service provides a personal internet account that contains a space for anything you want to tag with a RFID tag (like an email account). The page offers lots of templates and suggestions for different use. Our kit could be sold with for example Nokia’s RFID-phones, and as additional stuff. It would be ideal if RFID-sms’s are free of charge for a given period. We have narrowed the concept into a couple of defined kits, that could make it easier for people to see how they can use it.1. Goodnight kit
A kit with just two tags - give one to your best friend / boy- orgirlfriend / a close person that don’t live in the same house as you. The tags are pre-programmed with a simple message but you can customize this through your phone or online, and maybe add pictures or movie clips. You place the tag by your bed and scan it when you go to bed.2. Kitchen kit
- Shopping list for groceries. Place a tag on your fridge. The list can be updated through direct scanning, sms or by entering the internet shopping list site (with your phone). When in the shopping mall you can enter the site on net with your phone.
- Cooking. Place a RFID tag on the front of your stove and scan it when you want to tell the rest of your family that the dinner is soon to be ready. This will send a sms to predefined “dinner group”.
- Wishes for Dinner-Tag. Every member of the family has a tag on the kitchen that communicates their wishes and needs concerning the meal. Each can update their wish tag whenever they want and it can also contain fixed information about allergies o.l. The chief for the day can scan the wish tag before he or she starts cooking.
- Message Board for family messages. Every member of the family has their own tag. For instance can a mother leave a message on one of her child’s tag. When the kid arrives from school, he/ she just scan his tag and get the message, for example “I’m home around 6 o’clock, there is yoghurt in the fridge if you’re hungry. Don’t forget your piano lesson tonight.” When this message is scanned, a sms is sent to mom as confirmation.3. Travel kit
- If you are planning a trip somewhere and want to share your experiences, you can establish a mobile blog on your personal internet account. Now you can give away tags to your mother or friend or anyone else that link them to your blog instantly.4. Gift kit
- Add a new dimension to your gifts by tagging them and link to an internet page that you have established for this special occasion. The page can contain for instance a video greeting, pictures or a more detailed message, and is now linked to the object you give away.5. Party kit
- If you are having a birthdayparty, you can use tags to set up a “rebusløp” or treasure hunt in hidden places in your home.6. Tag-your-stuff kit
- With this kit you can tag your belongings so they can find the way back to you if you loose them. Each tag is a kind of business card. This could be smart and fun in the kinder garden. Tag your thermos , toys or food box. Opens up for exchange and collecting games (like pokemon cards).